The 666th Annual Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon
AT THE DREXEL THEATER (2254 E. MAIN ST., COLUMBUS, OHIO)
NOON, OCTOBER 18 - NOON OCTOBER 19
A cavalcade of cinematic terrors awaits you at this fall's 666th Annual SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK, the Ohio 24-Hour Horror Marathon (October 18-19 at the Drexel.) We're wildly excited about the lineup this year, and we're sure you're just dying to find out what we have in store for you. The macabre masterpieces for this year include:
- The OHIO PREMIERE of the festival hit HOUSEBOUND, an eerie, comedic, haunted house film from New Zealand that Peter Jackson calls "Bloody Brilliant"
- The OHIO PREMIERE of Helene Catte and Bruno Forzani's psychedelic, psychotropic, mind-bending Italian horror tribute THE STRANGE COLOR OF YOUR BODY'S TEARS
- The OHIO PREMIERE of Mike Olenick's haunting horror short RED LUCK. Mike will be on hand to introduce the film and to conduct a Q+A.
- An incredibly rare, once in a lifetime 35mm screening of Zoltan Spencer's long lost satanic cult/erotic film THE SATANIST
- A new 4K DCP restoration of Tobe Hooper's immortal THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE!
- Lamberto Bava's "I went to the movies and all I got was possessed" classic gorefest DEMONS (in 35mm!)
- Dario Argento's sleek, modernist, gory, haunting slasher classic TENEBRE!
- A brand spankin' new 2K DCP restoration of Werner Herzog's lush, atmospheric remake of NOSFERATU THE VAMPYRE featuring the luminous Isabelle Adjani and Klaus Kinski as everyone's favorite fang-toothed vampire!
- Another Horror Marathon first with a 2K DCP screening of James Whale's creepy and humorous, "why are those pants running down the street" Universal classic THE INVISIBLE MAN!
- Christopher Lee, Edward Woodward and the gorgeous Britt Ekland in the critically acclaimed Final Cut of Robin Hardy's stone cold Brit cult classic THE WICKER MAN (in paganistic 2K DCP)!
- Kubrick! King! Nicholson! Duvall! Redrum! Penderecki! Carlos! Faked moon landings? Revisit the Overlook Hotel once again in THE SHINING (in 2K DCP)!
- A rare 35mm screening of the absolutely bizarro gem THE MANITOU with an all-star cast of Tony Curtis, Susan Strasberg, Stella Stevens, and Burgess Meredith.
- And last, but certainly not least, is Barbara Crampton in Adam Wingard's superior home invasion shocker YOU'RE NEXT (in 2K DCP)! This one had great buzz coming out of the 2011 festival circuit, and it is a tremendous exercise in suspense and raw, bone-chilling terror.
Tickets for SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK are
$40 in advance
$45 at the door (if there are any left).
They can be purchased at
-The Drexel Theater (2254 E. Main St.)
-Laughing Ogre Comics (4258 N. High St.)
-The PayPal link on our site.
PLUS! TRAILERS! SHORTS! CONTESTS WITH CASH PRIZES! AND MORE!!!